Apple know how much of our daily lives are tied up in our phones, so their latest software update has given users a little treat – the chance to really capture part of your personality.
The latest iOS 14 update lets users customise the screen and the photo widgets – meaning the normal symbols for apps like Twitter don’t have to be the same old logo.
People online have already been flexing their creative skills, showing off plenty of innovative and eye-catching designs they’ve planned out.
Want to join them? Here’s how…
How to install iOS 14
iOS 14 was available to install on compatible devices from Wednesday September 16.
To install iOS14, just go through your settings and select ‘General’.
From here, you can select ‘Software Update’, and it’ll give you the option to download and update.
iOS14 is compatible on the following devices:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
How to customise widgets in iOS14
The photos widget can be helpful in making the overall look and feel of the home screen better, and more personalised to you.
Here’s how you can enable the photos widget in iOS 14:
- Press and hold an application on the home screen until all the applications start vibrating
- Select the ‘+’ button in the top left corner of the home screen
- Scroll and search for Photos widget
- Tap on the Photos widget and select the size you want to put
- Select the ‘add widget’ button at the bottom, and choose your widget
- Select done on the right top corner
Share your views in the comments below.