Amazon Prime Day is one of the biggest online shopping events of the year, and this year’s event will be even bigger with everyone stuck indoors.
For just two days, Amazon slashes its prices on products from TVs to dumbbells to coffee beans to movies.
The sale usually takes place in July each year, however, due to the coronavirus pandemic, it was moved to October, making it perfect for early Christmas present shopping.
But when is Amazon Prime Day, and how can you earn £10 to spend?
When is Amazon Prime Day?
The flash sale has been confirmed to run from 12.01am on October 13 to 11.59pm on October 14.
Make sure you set yourself a reminder, as some of the best deals can be snapped up very quickly.
How can you take part in Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is only available for those who have a Prime membership.
If you’re already a Prime member, you will automatically get access to the deals.
Membership costs £7.99 a month or £79 for a year, and subscribers are eligible for perks including same-day delivery, over 800,000 free e-books and access to Prime Video and Amazon Music services.
Students can also take advantage of the sale by signing up for an Amazon Student membership for £3.99 a month.
For those who aren’t already members, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial which will let you experience the perks of Prime, including Prime Day.
How to get £10 off your shop on Amazon Prime Day?
When you spend £10 on small businesses on Amazon between September 29 to October 12, you will earn £10 to spend on Prime Day.
You can find all of Amazon’s small businesses on their website.
This deal is exclusive to Amazon Prime members.
What are some of the best Amazon Prime Day deals this year?
Amazon Prime Day deals tend to be released on the day, and so the best offers are still under wraps.
However, there are some early deals currently available on Amazon:
- Nescafe Dolce Gusto Genio S Automatic coffee machine dropped from £89.99 to £59.99
- eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam dropped from £39.99 to £29.99
- Toshiba 800 w 20L microwave oven dropped from £69.99 to £59.99
And, Amazon’s own devices tend to have good deals, so it’s recommended you keep an eye on their latest devices:
- Echo Dot (4th Gen) – currently £59.99
- Kindle Oasis – currently £259.99
- Fire TV Stick 2020 – currently £39.99
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus – currently £199
- Echo Show 8 – currently £64.99
- Fire HD 10 Tablet – currently £149.99
What were the best Amazon Prime Day deals last year?
There were many extraordinary deals last year, including:
- Apple iPad mini (256GB) dropped from £669 to £585
- Huawei MateBook 13-inch laptop dropped from £900 to £680
- GoPro Hero 7 camera dropped from £385.10 to £285.45
- LG 55UM7100PLB 55-inch TV with a free Amazon Echo dropped from £674.98 to £549